Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Girl Scout Cookie Bake Off


Last week I represented Water Street Coffee Joint in the local Girl Scout Cookie Bake off.  Chef from local resturants were asked to prepare a dessert using Girl Scout cookies.  After much deliberation and a lot of trial and error I decided on a Samoa Waffle with Dulce de Leche gelato and a homemade salted caramel topping.

I crushed up the Samoa cookies and created a waffle using them, toasted coconut and coconut milk.  For the gelato, I used the vanilla bean gelato we serve at Water Street and added chunks of toasted coconut and crushed Dolce de Leche Girl Scout Cookies.  I put a scoop of the gelato on top of a warm toasted Samoa waffle and smothered the whole thing with a thick homemade salted caramel... Ta-da!




 

 Me and my intern!

My Desert ended up getting second place!

As part of the event we were also asked to create an auction item.  I made a fondant cake with gum paste daisies and gold girl scout cookies!












No comments:

Post a Comment